|A Very Brief History of Our Building
||This is a picture of our building
from sometime in the early 1900's.
We think that the house was built in
the late 1800s and used as the parsonage for the Second Congregational Church next
door. After the parsonage moved in the early 1900s, the house remained as a single
family residence until becoming our office in 1980.
The awnings and the large tree in front are long gone as are the trolley tracks
in North Main Street (the parallel lines in the foreground).
||Actually, it turns out that when the
trolleys stopped running, the trolley tracks were simply paved over.
construction of a recent gas line upgrade project, the long buried tracks were encountered
and had to be cut away and removed from the work area.
||Those of you who have visited know
that even though our address is 387 North Main Street, our driveway (and our parking area
in the rear of the building) is actually off of Union Street.
Being on a
corner lot means that we have two sidewalks to remove snow from in the winter. Twice
||A view of our building from North
It gives us pause every now and then to think of all the
other people who lived and visited in this house over the many years. Rooms that
today are used as offices may at one time have been someone's bedroom.